Thursday, April 5 — Opening Ceremony & Leadership Events at Nampa Civic Center
SkillsUSA Official Contest Dress!
- 7:00 a.m. State Officer Interviews at Nampa Civic Center
- 8:10 a.m. Bus leaves MTCHS
- 9:00-11:00 a.m. Opening Ceremony General Assembly (All student competitiors & advisors)
- 11:00-12:30 a.m. Lunch (provided) & Contest Setup/Practice
- 12:45 p.m. Bus returns to MTCHS with students not competing in leadership events
- 12:30-4:00 p.m. Leadership & Occupational Contests Only: Customer Service, Extemporaneous Speech, Job Interview, Opening & Closing Ceremonies, Prepared Speech, Promotional Bulletin Board, Quiz Bowl, Related Technical Math
- 4:30 p.m. (or before) Bus returns to MTCHS
- 4:00 p.m. Orientation/briefing meeting: Electronics Technology & Technical Drafting at CWI Micron Center
Friday, April 6 — Technical Contests & Awards Ceremony
Official SkillsUSA Contest Dress!
If not competing on Friday, you will be participating in the MTCHS Community Service Activity Day.
- 7:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Technical Contests (Lunch Provided)
- 6:30 a.m. — Bus leaves MTCHS: Electronics Technology & Technical Drafting at CWI Micron Center; Information Technology Services at CWI Pintail Center
- 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. MTCHS: 3D Visualization & Animation, Advertising Design, Computer Programming, Technical Computer Applications, TV/Video Production, Web Design, Interactive Application & Video Game Development & Mobile Robotics
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Lunch provided for technical contest competitors (delivered to contest site)
- 7:00 p.m. Award/Closing Ceremony — Nampa Civic Center
Must provide your own transportation, parents welcome to attend
Directions from MTCHS (Here)
5 Hours of Community Service Available: You must complete BOTH parts to receive credit
Part 1: Compete in Technical Event on Friday, April 6
Part 2: Choose ONE of the following:
- Attend Award/Closing Ceremony at Nampa Civic Center on April 8 and support your team (You must provide your own transportation.)
- Write a three paragraph essay about how SkillsUSA and its chapters support the Communities in which they are involved.